– To prevent others from registering a similar trade mark
– To prevent others from using your trade mark or something similar
– To secure a powerful monopoly of your brand
– Prevent infringement – a registered trade mark is a powerful deterrent
– Adds value to your business – a registration is a tangible asset that can be sold, licensed or assigned to other parties.
– Importantly it provides you the peace of mind to invest in to your brand/trade mark given you own the rights exclusively over all others in your industry.