Commercialisation of your Intellectual Property
What is the point in spending money on obtaining intellectual property rights if you are not going to make money with them? If you are making and selling the protected article, product, or software solution then your rights are serving a purpose in preventing your competitors from copying.
However you can grow new markets much faster by proactively licensing your innovation to parties in other markets and charging capital payments and royalties for the privilege of the legal monopoly. The most frequently used instrument in this strategy is the license agreement which defines the terms of the relationship including minimum performance, payments, territory and term and other aspects.
There is also a variety of other relationships which can assist the commercialisation process including those with investors, joint developers, marketers and distributors and other agents. We work with an extensive range of professional associates, brokers and promoters in Australia and overseas who can help you access government grants, venture capital, and other sources of funding and assistance.
The following is a list of some of the investors, joint developers, marketers and government bodies who may help you access the potential of your intellectual; property:
- Commercialisation Australia is an initiative of the Australian Government to provide a competitive, merit-based assistance program offering funding and resources for the business building process for Australian companies, entrepreneurs, researchers and inventors.
- Ausindustry is a specialist program delivery division of the Australian Government that provides a range of incentives that actually assist businesses to grow.
- The Australian Association of Angel Investors provides a national voice for private investors with a passion for investing in and supporting emerging businesses.
- Founders Forum is a public angel investor network devoted to assisting early-stage investment opportunities through regular meetings where entrepreneur present their ventures.
- The Gold Coast Innovation Centre supports the growth of knowledge-based start-up companies looking to take on the challenges of significant business growth.
- The Australian Institute of Commercialisation provides innovation and collaboration services that help organisations grow.
- Alchemy Equities assist clients to get their products, services or technologies ready for commercialisation and maximize the financial outcomes for their clients.
- The Queensland Government provides a wealth of information for people interested in starting a business.
- ilab is a thriving business incubator that turns technology start-ups into successful global ventures.
- The Licensing Executives Society (Australia and New Zealand) is an international community of innovation and commercialisation professionals who focus to create an environment for effective and successful commercialisation.