What are some of the funniest and most creative job titles that you’ve heard of?
Read through our list of Top 10 Funny & Creative Job Titles below.
What is a job title?
A job title is a term that describes in a few words or less the position held by an employee. A job title can describe the responsibilities of the position, reflect what the person does on the job or reveal both the job level and the job responsibilities of the position. In a move away from traditional job titles some organisations have taken the unconventional step of providing employees with creative job titles.
Here are some we’ve come across:
- CFFO Chief Flip Flop Officer – One of our clients who sells Flip Flops with their patented range of interchangeable footwear have special boomerang shaped plugs that allow the bases and straps to be interchangeable.
- Technoking of Tesla and Master of Coin – Recently Tesla added “Technoking of Tesla” to billionaire chief executive officer Elon Musk’s list of official titles, in a regulatory filing they also named finance chief Zachary Kirkhorn “Master of Coin.”
- Beverage Dissemination Officer – Bartender, I don’t care what they themselves just get my drink right.
- Chief Inspiration Officer (Head of Operations) rather than Chief Information Officer. I recently read that it was essential to find ways to keep staff focused on the business value of technology and the magic it can create.
- Chief Happiness Officer – is, as the name would imply, the person responsible for happiness levels within the team and company.
- Chief Geek (Head of IT) Intel Corp.’s incoming Chief Executive Pat Gelsinger once described himself as the chip giant’s “chief geek”
- Director of First Impressions – a job title that is increasingly replacing that of receptionist.
- Sandwich Artist – Subway one of the first companies to get creative with job titles.
- In-Flight Prop Changer – Once asked a loadmaster on an Air Force aircraft what his job involved and that was his reply.
- iCup Technician – The Apple iCup Services is specially designed to provide a fresh brew coffee to all Apple employees within their department. The job titled requires prior experience with making coffee, and some computer skills are a plus.